We are here to provide practical solutions
to make your HR easier”
Articles by Month
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
Articles by Author
SMEs, HR and the Employee Handbook
To start lets see if any of the following are familiar:
- You work for an SME organisation
- You are not trained in HR or are inexperienced with the topic
- You have been tasked with HR in addition to your normal duties
- The employee handbook needs to be reviewed.
Do you know where to begin?
What should be your main concerns?
- Is the content up to date? Have there been any legislation changes that will require you to update your handbook? Have there been any developments in case law that you need to take into consideration?
- Updating, printing and distributing the handbooks can be costly in both terms of money and time
- How are you going to monitor whether all employees have received the handbook, been notified of the relevant amendments and confirmed their acceptance of the policies?
- Do you need to plan for regular handbook reviews in order to maintain the content?
At Practical HR we understand that not all organisations can commit to providing a separate HR department and therefore the responsibility is normally given to someone on top of their normal day to day duties. With this in mind, Practical HR offers an online bespoke HR website (putting your Employee Handbook online) that is managed and updated by us (including notifying employees of any changes when they happen). It will always be compliant with legislation, saving you time and money.
Your HR Services is an effective and easy way of managing and communicating your HR policies, standards and procedures, allowing you to get on with other aspects of your job.
If you would like further information on Your HR Services please click here.
Gina Bartley. You can contact Gina on firstname.lastname@example.org